Friday, January 7, 2011

“WHAT HIT RATE CAN YOU EXPECT WITH INVITATIONS TO CONNECT ON LinkedIn?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

WHAT HIT RATE CAN YOU EXPECT?

Higher Education. For academicians, the hit rate is usually low because so many know nothing about LinkedIn. It is a well-kept professional secret. At college and university workshops, I regularly ask how many faculty are familiar with LinkedIn. The response is frequently 25–50%, which is probably inflated due to social desirability pressure. When I invite most of those persons to join my network, 75–90% are LinkedIn newbies with me as their first connection. (EVIDENCE NOTE: At present, I have more than 200 connections with Moi as their only connection.) Overall, a batting average of 30–50% (response rate) is reasonable.

Business and Industry. With business contacts, expect a higher hit rate of 40–70%. The business world is much more familiar with LinkedIn.

FINALE. This concludes my series on LinkedIn. I hope it has been helpful. Please let me know your thoughts on what worked, what I omitted, and what suggestions you have to improve my blogs. Have an incredible 2011!

COPYRIGHT © 2010 Ronald A. Berk, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment