Friday, January 1, 2010

RON’S NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

After a year like 2009, we should resolve to do something differently for 2010, unless we want to experience the same stuff again. While driving on several occasions this year, I’ve had thoughts of getting one those jobs as a highway construction flagperson or greeter at Walmart. These thoughts seem to be more the side effects from a cerebral hemorrhage (that I didn’t have) rather than the real employee images of a professor emeritus. What would it be like? Soon I expunged those thoughts from my noggin.

Thinking about the events of 2009, from “Cash for Clunkers” to “Dancing with the Corpses,” should one try to predict what will happen in 2010? Right now I’m just going to share a few of my resolutions to simply do better in 2010. God’s plan will take care of the rest.

In the past, many of my resolutions have been unrealistic, so this year I will tack on “realistic” default resolutions in case I don’t attain the “unrealistic” ones. Hold on to your mouse tightly. Here we go:

#1 UNREALISTIC: To learn a new language, such as Chinese.
#1 REALISTIC: To order Chinese carry out.

#2 UNREALISTIC: To train over the next 9 months for the New York City Marathon.
#2 REALISTIC: To take the train to NY to watch the marathon.

#3 UNREALISTIC: To lose 30 lbs.
#3 REALISTIC: To lose 10 lbs., but then find those 10, plus 20 more.

#4 UNREALISTIC: To write another book.
#4 REALISTIC: To write a LinkedIn message without typos.

#5 UNREALISTIC: To go surfing on the ultimate wave in Hawaii.
#5 REALISTIC: To channel surf to find a National Geographic special on Hawaii.

I don’t know if this list helped you at all, but it made me feel better. Now I’m headed out to find a flag and an orange vest. I think I have traffic cones in the garage.

Have an incredibly successful and prosperous 2010!!

COPYRIGHT © 2010 Ronald A. Berk, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment